History of Capezzana
At Carmignano the vines have been cultivated already pre-Roman era, about 3000 years ago, as the Wine jars and tasting cups found in Etruscan tombs demonstrate. In the archives of state of Florence was found a parchment dated 804: it is a lease that as early as 1200 years ago in Capezzana vines and olives were cultivated for the production of oil and wine.
In the early Renaissance, Monna Nera Bonaccorsi built the first 'Nobleman's house' and nine farm houses with the wine-making buildings; It was 1475. Other generations and families followed on the estate property: the Biscotti, related to Medici, and the Marchesi Bourbon del Monte. In the eighteenth century a married Biscotti Bourbon enlarged the farm and bought new farms; also he introduced an administrative method exemplary, whose documents are still preserved in the historical archives of the company.
After the Bourbon del Monte, the company passed to the Adimari Morelli and then to Franchetti and Rothschild, the widow Sara de Rothschild, and to finally arrive to the Contini Bonacossi, our Family, in 1920.